DeepSpin is a DeepTech startup developing next-gen MRI machines powered by machine learning. Headquartered in Berlin, we are now expanding our world-class technical team after another round of investment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team motivated to bring a life-saving technology to the 5 billion people that cannot currently afford it.
About the Role
At DeepSpin, you will be joining the advanced concepts R&D team in the Berlin-Potsdam office. This team will apply cutting edge physics to develop the technology of tomorrow's MRI machines. You will be contributing to the entire development pipeline: modelling geometries, simulating performance metrics, assembling and troubleshooting prototypes and PCBs and coding control/correction algorithms.
Below is the background we think would best prepare you to do the job. However, at DeepSpin we value commitment and skill and for that reason our hiring process makes sure that we are a good fit to each other on those, rather than on your formal background. So if you're in doubt, know we would love to get your application!
- PhD or 3+ years of experience working in optics, optoelectronics or a similar field
- Deep experience using, developing and troubleshooting table-top optics systems
- Experience simulating and developing integrated optics and simple optoelectronics circuits
- Working knowledge of Python and/or Matlab
- First principles thinking, excellent communication skills in English and a proactive, positive attitude
- Preferred: Experience in optically pumped NMR/MRI/EPR or similar techniques
- Preferred: postdoc or industry experience in a leading research group/company
- Preferred: publications in top journals
What we offer:
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the world by shaping a ground-breaking product early on
- A diverse and multicultural English-first office
- A creative workplace with flat hierarchies and open communication among a cooperative team
- Working directly with the founders and the team of senior advisors supporting us (ex-McKinsey, ex-Siemens and ML/MRI professors) on cutting-edge techniques
- An entry point into the field of AI-generated medical devices
- A 50.000-70.000€ salary, a competitive stock package and 30 days of yearly vacation
- A great penthouse office in the center of Berlin, free lunch with the entire team, a company laptop and beers on Friday!