DeepSpin is a DeepTech startup developing next-gen MRI machines powered by machine learning. Headquartered in Berlin, we are now expanding our world-class technical team after another round of investment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team motivated to bring a life-saving technology to the 5 billion people that cannot currently afford it.
About the Role
At DeepSpin, you will be joining the go-to-market team of the Berlin-Babelsberg office. This team will research, develop and implement the complex trade-offs involved in bringing highly complex technologies to market, weighing everything from end-user complexity down to mass-manufacturing cost. You will be responsible for the mechanical implementation of the machine as well as the complex thermal management of the device.
Below is the background we think would best prepare you to do the job. However, at DeepSpin we value commitment and skill and for that reason our hiring process makes sure we are a good fit to each other on those, rather than on your formal background. So if you're in doubt, know we'd love to get your application!
- MSc Degree in mechanical engineering or similar
- 3+ years designing mass-manufacturable mechanical devices
- Experience in thermal and mechanical FEM simulations
- Experience in design-for-manufacturing and supplier management
- First principles thinking when diagnosing problems and applying research to a commercial setting
- Excellent communication skills and a proactive get-stuff-done attitude
- Preferred: experience with lean six sigma methodologies
What we offer:
- The opportunity to truly make a difference in the world by shaping a ground-breaking product early on
- A diverse and multicultural English-first office
- A creative workplace with flat hierarchies and open communication among a cooperative team
- Working directly with the founders and the team of senior advisors supporting us (ex-McKinsey, ex-Siemens and ML/MRI professors) on cutting-edge techniques
- An entry point into the field of AI-generated medical devices
- A 50.000-70.000€ salary, a competitive stock package and 30 days of yearly vacation
- Support with visa and relocation as well as with finding daycare for your children
- An incredible penthouse office in the center of Berlin, free lunch with the entire team, a company laptop and drinks on Friday!